Sunday, October 07, 2012

Gallery: in the making of....

So it just hit me that my gallery exhibit is in two weeks, and I still haven't gotten much started. I've produced photos, did a few test runs on the clay, and did some shopping for additional props. All was going according to plan until money came to a dead stop. Hurray for being broke #artstudentproblems. Come on, this definitely deserves a hash tag. So far I've produced this:
It was created with polymer clay and it was the best out of the tests. The image was rich in color and had a lot of clarity. Haig says that my images look like "warm, welcoming, terrorist hostage photos-but really cool!" Nice save. I wanted to create that sense of uncomfortableness, and no, I'm not being sarcastic. It's a long back story to my concept behind the topic, and that's best saved for another day. Here's round dos:
It was off to a great start. WAS. When I woke up the next day it looked like some creepy, faded image from a horror film. I was hoping after viewing a tutorial on youtube using the same concept, that my image would come out nicer. Nope. I kept contemplating that I added too much water, but I don't think this was meant to be. So polymer it is! Let's hope that everything else goes well, I can't afford (literally) to buy and test more mediums. Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

No comments:

Post a Comment